Native American Grant School Association
18th Annual Conference
“Working Together to Meet What Lies Ahead”
December 12-14, 2013
( LAS VEGAS, NEVADA)
Native American Grant School Association (NAGSA) is a non-profit association that was organized in 1991 to serve the unique needs of grant schools created for Indian Country by the Tribally Controlled Schools Act of 1988.
The Mission of this organization is to:
• Advocate for Tribally controlled schools
• Act collaboratively on Native American School issues
• Advance Native American educational programs
• Empower Local Communities
•Together, ensure quality education for Native American Students
- To learn about and have impact on national, state , and tribal legislation that affects our schools.
- To provide member schools with meetings that provides discussions with legal and financial experts on current issues confronting our schools
- To improve quality school board and administrator training on timely topics of more effective operation of grant schools and charter schools serving Native American students
- To provide yearly academic financial assistance awards to students of each member school at the member school's request. Currently the award amount is $500.